PhD in Psychology - Research and Intervention
The PhD in Psychology - Research and Intervention program is intended for students wishing to acquire a thorough grounding in both research and professional practice, in terms of both psychological assessment and intervention.
It allows students to acquire advanced professional and research skills in 1 of the following 3 options:
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Clinical psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Fall admission
- Daytime classes
- 153 credits in neuropsychology
- 157 credits in clinical psychology
- 150 credits in industrial and organizational psychology
Questions about this program?
See our information brochure on graduate programs (in French).
Clinical neuropsychology option
Program supervisor: Nadia Gosselin
Clinical psychology option
Program supervisor: Christopher M. Earls
Industrial and organizational psychology option
Program supervisor: Robert Haccoun
All about the PhD R/I - Clinical Neuropsychology Option (in French)
All about the PhD R/I - Clinical Psychology Option (in French)
All about the PhD R/I - Industrial and Organizational Psychology Option (in French)
Programs offering intervention training (in French)
Find a thesis supervisor
Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
International (in French)
The + of studying Psychology at the Université de Montréal!
- Our test library comprises over 1,000 tests for teaching, internships and research.
- The University Psychology Clinic, located in the Marie-Victorin building, used for training graduate students. The clinic, open to the general public, offers students a valuable opportunity for gaining experience in psychological assessment, consultation and assessment in clinical neuropsychology.
- 35 professors in the Department of Psychology or attached to other units are involved in supervising theses for students in the program. Their research concerns visual perception, somesthesia, hearing, memory, music, hemispheric specialization, executive functions, language and other subjects.
- Financial support may be available from various provincial and federal agencies.
- British firm QS ranks the Université de Montréal among the top 150 universities on the planet in psychology, while the US News puts UdeM 7th in the world in neuroscience and behavior.