PhD in Psychology - Research
The PhD in Psychology - Research program is intended for students wishing to acquire advanced research skills.
In addition to its general approach, the program allows students to develop specific skills in the field of experimental neuropsychology (cognitive science and neuropsychology option).
- Fall and winter admission
- Daytime classes
- 90 credits, including 69 for research and thesis
The general stream allows students to design their PhD according to their fields of interest, while developing their research skills.
Cognitive science and neuropsychology option
This option allows students to design their own program aimed at acquiring advanced research skills in the field of experimental neuropsychology.
The PhD (Psychology) program offers no professional training in psychology or clinical training internships. These aspects are included only in the PhD (Psychology - Research and Intervention) and PsyD programs.
Questions about this program?
See our information brochure on graduate programs (in French).
Program Supervisor : Christian Dagenais
The + of studying Psychology at the Université de Montréal!
- Our faculty is recognized worldwide. Our professors are very active in research and are currently conducting studies on sexual abuse, teenagers' social development, risk management, workplace behaviour, chronic pain and many other topics.
- Our test library comprises over 1,000 tests for teaching, internships and research.
- Financial support may be available from various provincial and federal agencies.
- British firm QS ranks the Université de Montréal among the top 150 universities on the planet in psychology, while the US News puts UdeM 7th in the world in neuroscience and behavior.