Expert in: Biomarkers
- Social neuroscience
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Child development
- Child psychiatry
- Developmental and acquired problems
My research program is aimed at achieving a better understanding of childhood development and the consequences of early brain injury. We use several methodological and technological approaches in four main spheres of investigation:
- Studies of normal childhood development and predictive factors of brain and cognitive maturation
- Investigation of the effects of perinatal brain injury (e.g. prematurity) and postnatal brain injury (e.g. cranial trauma) on cognition, social competence, quality of life and brain development
- Development and validation of new cognitive tasks and social skills (e.g. moral reasoning, theory of mind, executive functions)
- Development of intervention programs for parents and children/teens with traumatic brain injuries
Target populations: healthy populations, traumatic brain injury, prematurity, behavioural problems, child psychiatric disorders, metabolic/genetic diseases, other neuropsychological disorders, etc.
Techniques used: MRI, fMRI, PET, DTI, eye tracking, neuropsychological assessment, longitudinal studies, etc.